New version of the site going online end of April

• Thought this might interest you. Yes, we are finally getting there, at the and of the month we will launch nationalfootballteams 3.0.

There will be loads of new statistics functions to play with, and we will finally have match statistics. Which means that we must add them, which means that any help would be appreciated. If you'd like to spend your precious free time adding match data for national teams, now is your chance to scream "Yes". And of course it's all for the glory of statistics, we still earn no money with this project that seriously got out of hand.

If noone screams "Yes", then we'll be slow. Of course we'll still do our best and add as much as fast as we can, but we'll still be slow. Having said that, we've come quite far being slow. ;)

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• I'll still be around as well, maybe not working as hard as I used to but still active - I have the whole month of June free so that should help ;)

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

• So we are almost there, the new admin section is (mostly) working already, and the new site is going to be online very soon.When we are finally there (Could be today, could be monday) it would be nice of you guys in the forum to tell us about everything that doesn't work or should be better. ;)

• On the old version, by checking the national team squad of a specific year, you had listed the "missing matches", so I know that the players' statistics of this match(es) were missing. On the new site, I miss this info. I can't see if all matches from a specific year were considered or if there is a match missing.

• When player's age is unknown, date 7-5-2013 is listed as a birthdate...Also, I would like that forum opens in a new window like before, if possible...

• Next suggestion:
    on the old version at the clubs page of a country, after visiting (clicking) a page of a certain club, the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour, so it was clear that the user has visited this club's page
    on the new version, the user can see if he has already visited the club's page or not, as there is no difference in the colour of the hyperlink of the club.

Personally, for me as use the old version was more comfortable in this point, while browsing the clubs' squads of a certain league.

• Quote from SiebenW

On the old version, by checking the national team squad of a specific year, you had listed the "missing matches", so I know that the players' statistics of this match(es) were missing. On the new site, I miss this info. I can't see if all matches from a specific year were considered or if there is a match missing.

Yes, we'll definitely have something like this. Can't tell you exactly what the something will look like yet, though.

• Quote from SiebenW

Next suggestion:
    on the old version at the clubs page of a country, after visiting (clicking) a page of a certain club, the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour, so it was clear that the user has visited this club's page
    on the new version, the user can see if he has already visited the club's page or not, as there is no difference in the colour of the hyperlink of the club.

Personally, for me as use the old version was more comfortable in this point, while browsing the clubs' squads of a certain league.

We can do that again.

• Official Post

Thanks for your contributions, the following topics are implemented and will be available after the next update (this night or tomorrow night)
    * Show Missing Matches: Matches without any data will be shown in the "matches" tab-pane.
    * "watch the games of the players in the selection": A first version is also finished, show the all matches including the number of goals and cards.
    * "after visiting (clicking) a page[..], the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour": This is also done.

• Quote from Benjamin

Yes, we'll definitely have something like this. Can't tell you exactly what the something will look like yet, though.

As this seems to be the big issue, I can give you good news about the something. You will get your the old "Missing Games" back. Hooray.

These will disappear once we've added all match stats for that country in that year, and instead you will get a match status besides every match, depending on us having full stats (Or think that we have full stats), some of the stats or no stats.

Sounds good?

• It's all great, but why double matches appear? For example in Chad matches there are 2 same games vs Ethiopia, and of course, only one is played...

• Quote from boca

It's all great, but why double matches appear? For example in Chad matches there are 2 same games vs Ethiopia, and of course, only one is played...

I suspect that those may be the matches where both line-ups were missing? Anyway, it's not a huge problem, I can delete them every time I stumble across one.

• One suggestion - what do you think about painting the field green, in section matches...? It would be better in my opinion...