If you find mistakes (of which there must be a lot)

• Hi Benjamin,

Thank you again for your great work - as a community we're all aware that it's been v stressful for you as of late.

Just to say that I don't think Bermuda's performance in the 2023 Island Games (link to Wiki), needs to be included on this site as Bermuda apparently sent their Under-23s team - which shouldn't count towards their overall cap number - unless I've missed something!

Thanks again,

Felix

• Hi Benjamin,

Thank you again for your great work - as a community we're all aware that it's been v stressful for you as of late.

Just to say that I don't think Bermuda's performance in the 2023 Island Games (link to Wiki), needs to be included on this site as Bermuda apparently sent their Under-23s team - which shouldn't count towards their overall cap number - unless I've missed something!

Thanks again,

Felix

Here I have a different opinion. If a country competes at a senior national team competition, these matches should be counted neverless which players they send. There had been no age restriction at the 2023 Island Games, and hence it was a self restriction from Bermuda itself. I know this had not always been messured by the same standards on NFT for past tournaments, it may makes a different if there is an "A" and a "B"-team participating from the same nation. Sometimes, the border is neither that strict, for example when countries like Senegal sent a "mainly" homebased team to the Cosafa Cup. So, it always depends on the specific cases if the squad had the character of a national team, the best player of a country. To the current case Bermuda fielded a squad which did have such a character, as most of these players had collected full senior caps before or after.
    On the other side your point is valid, and matches of such squads which are not entirely categorized as full a-team, should be counted as "non-FIFA", so they remain unofficial and don't count towards the number of overall FIFA caps, and no harm is done on the statistics. Further the users can see these matches listed under "none"-FIFA and can make their own choice how to consider these games.

• This mistake is alreadey corrected. I just want to leave a note here to avoid future confusions. There is a new Nguyen Thanh-Nhan (2003). He shall not be confused with the Nguyen Thanh-Nhan (2000) who played for Vietnam last year (2022). It may comes a bit as a surprise because the 2003 born is playing in the 2nd tier, but he had scored well there: 10 goals in the 2022 season and another 10 goals in the shortened transitional 2023 season. Further his good performances in the under23 national team did led to his nomination for the senior side now.
    Anyone who is interested can read the full story here which is also illustrated with photos, especially from his first senior cap.

• BANGLADESH VS. SRI LANKA 1995-11-01

SHAHIDUL ALAM RANJAN did not score, also he was substituted by  ARIFUL KABIR FARHAD in the second half. There was only one goal scorer in the game btw and thats MIZANUR RAHMAN MIZAN (listed correctly). I provided the source previously: RE: Missing Data

Player information:  MONWAR HOSSAIN MUNNA

Date of birth: 1-10-1977

Birth place: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Height: 6 feet

Position: Center back

Club history: 1993-1995 - East End Club

1996-2003 - Mohammedan SC
    1998 Durand Cup - Mahindra United (loan)

Picture:

Edited once, last by Odd Soda (December 17, 2023 at 8:43 PM).

• BANGLADESH VS. SRI LANKA 1989-10-21

Bangladesh lineup:

HASSAN SAYEED KANAN (correct name is Sayeed Hassan Kanan)

KAISER HAMID

REZAUL KARIM REHAN

JOHNNY IMTIAZ SULTAN (correct name is Imtiaz Sultan Johnny)

MONEM MUNNA

SAIFUL BARI TITU

NURUL MANIK (subbed by MIZANUR RAHMAN MIZAN)

SATYAJIT DAS RUPU

SAYED RUMMAN SABBIR

ELIAS HOSSAIN (subbed by Mostakim Wazed)

RIZVI KARIM RUMI

Rumi scored in the 19" and 72"

Sabbir socred in the 24th minute

Also these are the same players:

AHMED RANJAN -  SHAHIDUL ALAM RANJAN

Edited once, last by Odd Soda (December 19, 2023 at 1:31 PM).

• The Malaysian line-up is the worst I've seen for a national team game. Ever. People seem to have come off and on as they wanted to. I can't do the resubs, because the database would then register it as two games for the player. So I will leave them out. Really, this one should probably not be added at all, but I will add it for the moment.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Found the other lineups

BANGLADESH VS. INDIA 1989-10-23

Bangladesh lineup:

HASSAN SAYEED KANAN

MONEM MUNNA

REZAUL KARIM REHAN

KAISER HAMID

JOHNNY IMTIAZ SULTAN

SAIFUL BARI TITU

NURUL MANIK (subbed by MIZANUR RAHMAN MIZAN)

SATYAJIT DAS RUPU

RIZVI KARIM RUMI

SAYED RUMMAN SABBIR

ELIAS HOSSAIN

*The Indian goal was scored from a penalty and ELIAS HOSSAIN was sent off for protesting the referees decision. Source: https://www.banginews.com/web-news?id=d5…150001e45caf22a

PAKISTAN VS. BANGLADESH 1989-10-26

Bangladesh lineup:

HASSAN SAYEED KANAN

MONEM MUNNA

REZAUL KARIM REHAN

KAISER HAMID

JOHNNY IMTIAZ SULTAN

NURUL MANIK

SAIFUL BARI TITU

SATYAJIT DAS RUPU

SAYED RUMMAN SABBIR

MIZANUR RAHMAN MIZAN (subbed by Mostakim Wazed)

RIZVI KARIM RUMI

Also the Bangladesh coach for this tournament was NASSER HEJAZI. Source: https://www.thedailystar.net/news-detail-187107

Lmk if more sources are needed.

• The Malaysian line-up is the worst I've seen for a national team game. Ever. People seem to have come off and on as they wanted to. I can't do the resubs, because the database would then register it as two games for the player. So I will leave them out. Really, this one should probably not be added at all, but I will add it for the moment.

Regarding RE-SUBS.

Here in Bavaria we have re-subs in all official league games starting from county-level, which is Kreisliga (and below), that is the equivalent to German 8th (until 11th) league level. In our systems, refs just set substitutions for first entering players. The re-entering subs are not considered in the match report.

What you can do on NFT, is setting the re-subs not as substitutions but as an event. So, they appear in the NFT match reports, but they don't get a 2nd cap counted. Overall, in this example Malaysia vs Maldives I just see two re-entering players at first sight. So, setting these few cases as event, would be my ideal solution so we can storage these games (as non-FIFA) and they don't went forgotten.

• Hi Benjamin,

Thanks again,

Felix

Hi - like all Island Games matches they are couinted as Non-FIFA.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Hi Benjamin,

I'm Franck, a French supporter of Colombia, and I had a question: I see on your site that the Colombia-Venezuela match on 10 December is counted as a "NON-FIFA game", even though the FIFA ranking published on 21 December include it. Could you please clarify this for me please?

Thank you very much, congrats for your great work and merry Christmas !

Franck

• The confusion comes, as so often, from FIFA. Venezuela let it be known that they were sending their Under-23 side. Under FIFA regulations games against age-restricted teams can not be regarded as full internationals. FIFA then decided to ignore their own rules and classified the match as a full international.

• The confusion comes, as so often, from FIFA. Venezuela let it be known that they were sending their Under-23 side. Under FIFA regulations games against age-restricted teams can not be regarded as full internationals. FIFA then decided to ignore their own rules and classified the match as a full international.

There is another problem regarding the "age-restricted teams", as the regulations don't apply when restrictions are self imposed, like we have many lower ranked national teams who regular play their senior side with under-23 players, just mentioning Northern Mariana's recent Pacific Games squad with just one player over 23 years (even the "Olympic" sides are allowing more). So, if the FIFA protocol for FIFA friendlies is fullfilled you can technically send any side. Of course, it is hard for us to track which games are now considered and which not as FIFA is not publishing very much, like for example I can't see which games are considered for the FIFA ranking's calculation and which not. Personally, I try to check both teams, to see if there was an age restriction or not. If one side uses overaged players, it indicates that age restriction on the other side was self imposed. Still, we actually don't want matches against non-A sides, like youth teams, local selections or else, which makes this case tricky because of Venezuela sending an actual under-23 side. Though this match was announced as a full senior international. I think it is a good choice to list the Colombia vs Venezuela friendly as non-FIFA, so everyone sees that this match was not forgotten, but something wasn't fully proper either and everybody can make his own choice. I feel a bit sorry for the Colombian players not to have counted this match as FIFA cap, but under the FIFA regulations Roger mentioned we have an argument, too not to fully count it.

• As I understand the situation, FIFA are using the Colombia - Venezuela result in their points rankings, whic would technically make it an official FIFA international. Personally, I take no notice of what FIFA says. As Dirk knows, I keep records of some games that are quite definitely not full internationals but where one country puts out a full side. I keep details, when I can find then, of CHAN warm-up games which I don't consider full internationals but FIFA once claimed that they were before a rare outbreak of sanity prevailed. I have quite a bit of stuff from the early CHAN tournaments before the competition was given full FIFA status. I just collect all sorts of rubbish, really!

• Here are some birthdates of Bangladeshi players which have to be corrected

ALFAZ AHMED - 6 June 1973

KAISER HAMID- 1 December 1964

IMTIAZ SULTAN JOHNNY-15 September 1961

SAYED RUMMAN SABBIR-5 June 1968

MOHD JEWEL RANA-2 May 1968

IMTIAZ AHMED NAKIB-1 September 1969

AMINUL HAQUE-10 October 1980

Sources: https://dulalmahmud.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post_4132.html

This blog was originally taken from a published book source: https://www.rokomari.com/book/21000/ama…BBED2738CEF3B15

• This match is not an official match, its a practice match. Malaysia field their U-23 SEA Games team but Maldives field their national senior team. Malaysia were preparing for the 2009 SEA Games which is an U-23 event. Thats why some players came on and off twice.