• Poland v UAE 25/09/96 is one of those tricky ones. It's official for the UAE and listed by FIFA as a full international. The Polish F.A., however, does not consider it a full international, and labelled the team as a Polish FA XI, rather than the national team.

• Erick Ouma (Player) | National Football Teams

According to these sources Ouma Otieno hasn't made his international debut vs Tanzania (1:1). It actually hapenned 2 days later in the game against Sudan (1:1).

We can build on Congo victory, says Wanyama - Capital Sports
    NAIROBI, Kenya, June 6- Harambee Stars produced a stellar show to see off Congo on Sunday, an eye-catching performance that has not been synonymous with Get…
    www.capitalfm.co.ke
    Maguli scores as Stars, Kenya share the spoils
    The national soccer team, Taifa Stars, played out a one-all draw with host Kenya in an international friendly at Moi Sports Centre Kasarani yesterday. Kenya…
    www.thecitizen.co.tz
  • My personal belief is that the national federations decide upon the validity of the game,rather than FIFA. Particularly noticeable in the case of Edwardian England games. FIFA claims that the matches of the England Amateur XI against other European sides are full internationals. This is plainly not the case as far as England are concerned.

UAE v Bahrain 26/09/03 - I don't have much on this one. It's official for both countries. Bahrain led 1-0 at half-time; UAE's goal was scored by Faisal Khalil, and Abdul Rahman Jumaa and Ismail Matar also played but that's about all I've got.

• I would be carefully here, it always can happen that a substitution such as Erick Ouma for Eric Johanna in the 81' minute (together with a 2nd substitution) goes forgotten/unnoticed. I am quite sure here on NFT are many, many forgotten/unnoticed substitutions as well. I could imagine that this was the case in the match reports of your 1st and 3rd source, not knowing exactly what was their source.
    When your 2nd source mentions "The coach handed first team debuts to Gor Mahia youngster Eric ‘Marcelo’ Ouma", it doesn't come clear to me if his starting debut was meant (he was a late sub two days before) or if this article which was a summary of the AfCoN qualifiers preparation did refer to both games in which "The coach handed first team debuts to Gor Mahia youngster Eric ‘Marcelo’ Ouma".

So in general, if we have some sources listing subs and others don't, I would always believe in the subs having took place until we can reliable exclude the possibilities. In this case it would be footage like a video showing Eric Johanna still on the field after 82 minutes, or at best showing the entire 11 players on the field after 82 minutes.

• My personal belief is that the national federations decide upon the validity of the game,rather than FIFA. Particularly noticeable in the case of Edwardian England games. FIFA claims that the matches of the England Amateur XI against other European sides are full internationals. This is plainly not the case as far as England are concerned.

It is really difficult, and no system makes complete sense. We could add the USA vs Denmark League match as a Non-Fifa game for the US, but I would include it for Denmark.

• So I looked at the first game (against iceland), andadded some players, but of course I cannot know who the two Mohameds and the two Mubaraks are.

• United Arab Emirates v Morocco 1996-03-26

UAE team is provided by 11v11.

New addition for 1996: Poland v United Arab Emirates 1996-09-25

Both teams provided by 11v11.

I added a few players for the game against Morocco. Could not identify the others.

The game against Poland is unofficial for Poland. Not sure about the status of that match at all, maybe other people here can help out.

• Poland v UAE 25/09/96 is one of those tricky ones. It's official for the UAE and listed by FIFA as a full international. The Polish F.A., however, does not consider it a full international, and labelled the team as a Polish FA XI, rather than the national team.

What do we do? Leave it aside, or add it as a Non-FIFA for UAE against a Poland XI.

• This problem will be coming up with increasing frequency as you work backwards. Throughout the seventies and eighties there are many games that are official for one team, but not the other.

Regarding the two Mubaraks playing for UAE v Iceland, I have them down as Nasser Khamis and Khalid Ismail. Can't help with the Mohameds, though.

• I take a more democratic approach. If out of the organisations (both teams and FIFA), 2 out of the 3 call it as official, then I'd like to see it on here, but it's up to the editors on here I guess. I respect the trickiness of it all, and bakerrp makes a great point on England Amateur.

Consistency would be the key on this. Which is why I bring up Argentina v Slovakia 1995-06-22, which is now recognised by FIFA and on your site, yet you don't have Argentina v Romania or Argentina v Poland. All three are European league or B sides and all three are now FIFA recognised but not by the Europeans. In my opinion, all three should be on here or none of them should be on here. I vote for the latter, purely because at least one national team did play here and FIFA allow it and a cap has been counted for the players involved, but I respect my opinion might be a simple and naive one.

• Japan v Saudi Arabia 2000-10-29

Missing substitution at half time. Abdulla Zubromawi comes on for Mohammed Al-Khilaiwi. Zubromawi can clearly be seen with his number 4 shirt at 1:06:47. Source: Youtube.

Costa Rica v Saudi Arabia 1999-07-17

Zubromawi does have a cap taken away here though, he doesn't play, as Khamis Al-Owairan plays instead. Source: ksa-team.

Saudi Arabia v Iraq 2004-07-26

Al-Owairan has a cap taken away here as well. Naif Al-Qadi plays instead. Source: ksa-team.

• 10/03/84 Qatar 2 Saudi Arabia 1 Royal Oman Police, Muscat Henk WEERINK (Netherlands)

QATAR Ahmed AL MAJED, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Faraj ABBAS, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI, Ali ZAID, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER (Sultan JAMAAN 80), Issa AHMED, Mansour MUFTAH, Mane Saud AL BISHI (Khamis Dahham AL SUWAIDI 46), Ahmed MALALLAH
    Goals: Khalfan 6, K. al Suwaidi 74

12/03/84 UAE 1 Qatar 0 Royal Oman Police, Muscat Yoshio SATO (Japan)

UAE Abdul Qadir Hassan MOHAMED, Abdulrahman Mohamed AL HADDAD, Mohamed OBAID, Youssef HUSSEIN, Khaled Ismail MUBARAK, Saeed ABDULLAH, Nasser AL KHAMIS, Adel MATAR, Zuhair Bakhit BILAL, Fahd Khamis MUBARAK, Adnan AL TALYANI
    Goal: al Talyani 4

QATAR Ahmed AL MAJED, Faraj ABBAS, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Ali ZAID, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER, Issa AHMED, Adel MALALLAH, Mane Saud AL BISHI (Khamis Dahham AL SUWAIDI 69), Mansour MUFTAH

18/03/84 Oman 0 Qatar 2 Royal Oman Police, Muscat Abdulkader ABDULLATIF (Iraq)

OMAN Suleiman KHAYEF, Mohamed Khamis AL ARIMI, Said FARAG, Saif AL HABSI, Ibrahim RAMADAN, Matar KHALIFA, Hilal HAMID, Saeed SHABAN, Younes AMAN, Ghulam KHAMIS, Magdi Shaban SAMIR

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Faraj ABBAS, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Ali ZAID, Issa AHMED, Adel MALALLAH, Mane Saud AL BISHI, Mansour MUFTAH
    Goals: Zaid 62, Khalfan 68

22/03/84 Qatar 1 Bahrain 1 Royal Oman Police, Muscat Erik FREDRIKSSON (Sweden)

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Faraj ABBAS, Mohamed Daham AL SUWEIDI, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Ali ZAID, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER, Issa AHMED, Adel MALALLAH, Mane Saud AL BISHI, Mansour MUFTAH
    Goal: Zaid 60'

BAHRAIN Hammoud SULTAN, Khamis EID THANI, Adnan Ali DEIF, Abdul Razzaq MOHAMED, Khaled JASSIM, Mubarak KHAMIS, Marjan EID, Fayyad MAHMOUD, Ibrahim ISSA, Gomaa HILAL, Ibrahim FARHAN
    Goal: Farhan 10

25/03/84 Qatar 2 Iraq 1 Royal Oman Police, Muscat Marcel PHILIPPOZ (Switzerland)

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Mohamed Daham AL SUWEIDI, Faraj ABBAS, Issa AHMED, Mohamed Khalifa AL AMMARI, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Ali ZAID, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER, Mansour MUFTAH, Adel MALALLAH
    Goals: Muftah 26, Gorgis og 41

28/03/84 Iraq 1 Qatar 1 (3-2 pens) Royal Oman Police, Muscat Hamid HAMDAN (Oman)

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Faraj ABBAS, Mohamed Daham AL SUWEIDI, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Ibrahim KHALFAN, Ali ZAID, Mubarak Salem AL KHATER, Issa AHMED, Adel MALALLAH, Mane Saud AL BISHI (Sultan JAMAAN 46), Mansour MUFTAH
    Goal: Muftah 107

04/09/84 Singapore 0 Qatar 1 Jalan Besar, Singapore

SINGAPORE Yakob HASHIM, A.R.J. MANI (Rashid MUSANIB), Norhalis SHAFIK, AU-YEONG Pak Kuan, LIM Tang Boon, Hashim HOSNI, V SIVALINGAM (S RAMU), Malek AWAB, Don ANG (Darimosuvito TOKIJAN), Razali RASHID (LIM Buan Hai), TAY Peng Kee

QATAR Ahmed AL MAJED, Khamis Dahham AL SUWAIDI, Khaled AL MUHANNADI, Ibrahim KHALFAN
    Goal: Khalfan 49

10/09/84 Afghanistan 0 Qatar 8 Yuexieshan, Guangzhou Yoshisato OKAYA (Japan)

AFGHANISTAN Fayz MOHAMMAD, MOKHTAR, KABIRUA, Hirways SIDIQ, Gholam RASOULKOHISTANI, Najibullah KARGAR, Mohammad Farooq SIDDIQ, Yousuf KARGAR, Sabour KAZEMYAR, REYDAY, SULTAN

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mohamed AL SUWAIDI, Abdullah MUBARAK, Mubarak AL DOSARI, Mubarak AL KHATIR, Mohamed AFIFA, Adel MALALLA, Ali AL SADA, Mana AL BISHI, Khaled AL MUHANNADI (Saleh AL MEHAIZAA), Khalfan AL KHALFAN
    Goals: al Khatir 11, 38, al Muhannadi 16, al Khalfan 32, 33, 58, al Suwaidi 56, al Mehaizaa 85

12/09/84 Hong Kong 0 Qatar 1 People’s, Guangzhou Reynaldo REYES (Philippines)

HONG KONG CHAN Shu Ming, LEUNG Siu Wing, YU Kwok Sum, CHEUNG Chi Tak, A REIS, CHAN Fat Chi, YUE Kin Tak, WONG Kwok On, LAI Win Cheong, TSANG Wai Chung (WONG Yiu Shun), TANG Sai Fan (NG Kam Wah)

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI (Ahmed SULAIMAN), Abdullah MUBARAK, Mubarak AL DOSARI, Mubarak AL KHATIR, Mohamed AFIFA, Adel MALALLA, Ali ZAID, Mana AL BISHI, Khaled AL MUHANNADI, Ibrahim KHALFAN
    Goal: al Suwaidi

17/09/84 Jordan 0 Qatar 2 People’s, Guangzhou Yoshisato OKAYA (Japan)

JORDAN Milad ABBASI, Ahmed SHANAYNEH, Sami SAEED, Esam AL TALLY, Baker JOUMA, Jamal ABU ABED, Tawfeq AL SAHEB, Ibrahim SADDIEH, Najeh DHYABAT, Jamal IBRAHIM, Khaled AWAD Subs: Fayez BDEWI, Khaled SALEEM

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Adel MALALLA, Mubarak AL KHATIR, Mohamed AFIFA, Ibrahim SAAD, Ali ZAID, Mana AL BISHI, Khaled AL MUHANNADI, Ibrahim KHALFAN
    Goals: al Bishi, al Muhannadi

20/09/84 China 1 Qatar 0 People’s, Guangzhou Reynaldo REYES (Philippines)

QATAR Mohamed WAFAH, Mohamed Daham AL SUWAIDI, Abdullah MUBARAK, Adel MALALLA, Mubarak Anbar AL ALI, Mohamed AFIFA, Mohamed AL AMMARI, Ali ZAID, Mana AL BISHI, Salem AL MEHAIZAA (Khaled AL MUHANNADI), Ibrahim KHALFAN

• 27/06/84 El Salvador 3 Guatemala 1 Cuscatlán, San Salvador D VALLE (El Salvador)

El Salvador goals: Rivas 23, Hernández 71, Zapata 87

04/12/84 El Salvador 2 Guatemala 1 Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles

El Salvador goals: Hernández 23, Rivas 50

23/12/84 Guatemala 2 El Salvador 0 Mateo Flores, Guatemala City J HENRÍQUEZ

GUATEMALA Hermenegildo Pep CASTRO, Juan José PÉREZ, ?, Víctor MONZÓN, Allan WELLMAN, Sergio RIVERA, Juan Manuel FUNES, Carlos ESTRADA, Eddy ALBUREZ (Raúl CHACÓN), Adan PANIAGUA (Selvin GALINDO), Erwin DONIS (1 player missing)

Goals: Donis 35, Galindo 63

EL SALVADOR Add Sub. Jorge VÁZQUEZ for Dagoberto LÓPEZ

• 24/04/84 Bahrain 1 New Zealand 0 National, Singapore Ahmed BASH (Jordan)

BAHRAIN Hammoud SULTAN, Yousef SHERIDA, Sahib ABDUL NABI, Ali Hassan YOUSEF (Riad RUSHDAN), Adnan Ali DEIF, Ibrahim ZUWEID, Khalil SHOUEIR, Yousef AL SUBAIE, Ibrahim AL HARDAN, Ibrahim FARHAN, Marjan EID (Saeed MUDKHOOR)

Goal: al Hardan 43

NEW ZEALAND Frank VAN HATTUM, Rikki HERBERT, Ceri EVANS, Keith GARLAND, Adrian ELRICK, Allan BOATH, Keith MACKAY, Peter SIMONSEN, Michael GROOM, William McCLURE (Fred DE JONG 64), Kevin BIRCH (Alex METZGER 64)

New Zealand births

Sean Patrick Byrne 23/08/1955 Dublin

Kevin Birch 12/09/1961

• 14/01/09 Saudi Arabia 1 Kuwait 0 Sultan Qaboos, Muscat Bertrand LAYEC (France)

KUWAIT Nawaf AL KHALDI, Nohayr AL SHAMMARI (Fahad AL RASHIDI), Yaqoub ABDULLA, Mesaad NADA, Saleh AL SHEIKH (Waled JUMAA), Talal NAIF, Hussein FADHEL, Jarragh AL ATAIQI, Ali AL MAQSEED (Khaled MATAR), Badr AL MUTAWA, Ahmed AL AZEMI

15/11/85 Syria 0 Iraq 0 Abbasiyin, Damascus Michel VAUTROT (France)

IRAQ Raad HAMMOUDI, Adnan DARJAL, Khalil Mohammed ALLAWI, Khadim MUTASHAR, Ali HUSSEIN, Haris MOHAMMED (Anid ABD 86), Ahmed RADI, Hussein SAEED, Basil GORGIS, Nateq HASHEM (Shakir MAHMOUD 66), Ghanem OREIBI