Posts by Ro83rto

India v Kuwait 2010-11-14

The other 5 goalscorers for Kuwait are named here via reddif.com:

"Al Qadsia striker Bader Al Mutawa struck four times (25th, 55th, 66th and 90th) while Yousef Naser Al Sulaiman (20th), Jarah Al Ataiqi (29th, penalty), Fahad Al Enezi (51st), Khaled Khalaf (56th) Hammad Naif Al Enezi (75th) found the target once each as the Kuwaitis scored goals almost at will at the Al-Wahda Stadium."

Kuwait v Zambia 2010-12-31

Fahad AL-Enezi scored twice instead of Mesaed Neda Al-Enezi. kuna.net also reports 6 half time substitutions:

"Kuwait boss Goran Tufegdzic made six changes to his starting line-up in the second half, involving Ahmed Al-Rasheedi, Yaqoub Al-Taher, Abdulaziz Al-Mashaan, Fahad Al-Ansari, Hamad Al-Enezi and susbstitute keeper Hamid Al-Qallaf, instead of Hussain Fadhel, Fahad Awadh, Walid Ali, Yousif Naser, Fahad Al-Enezi and keeper Nawaf Al-Khaldi."

Bahrain 1-1 Kuwait.

Missing match from 8th June 2012. Played at Dream Land Playing Field.

Kuwait 2-1 Palestine

footballpalestine reports Nu'man scoring for Palestine. 'Al-Bariki' scoring the first goal for Kuwait (could be Abdullah Al-Buraiki perhaps?) and Nawaf Al-Khaldi in goal for Kuwait. the 2nd Kuwait goal was a penalty but it doesn't mention who scored it.

According to RSSSF, Benni McCarthy's goal against Ireland was scored by Shaun Bartlett.

Be careful... In the RSSSF report on the US Cup tournament shown here, and the South Africa international matches 1996 - 2000 file here in it's down as McCarthy scoring, so don't be completely sure RSSSF are correct. Interestingly the goal isn't on Bartlett's RSSSF file either.

However, there is a picture here showing Bartlett celebrating with the caption mentioning he'd scored, so you're probably right. Be nice if there was a clip of it, but I can't find one.

Just the Rashed Rahman Seif A-Dosari changes from me which have been missed:

Bahrain v Singapore 2001-02-24

Missing early substitution (25mins), Rashed Rahman Seif Al-Dosari comes on for Abdulaziz Al-Dosari.

The first 5 World cup qualifiers currently allocated to Rashid Abdulrahman Seif need passing over to Rashed Rahman Seif Al-Dosari. Here are the 5 separate Soccerway reports all mentioning 'Rashed Al-Dosari' in the lineups:

Saudi Arabia A

Iraq H

Thailand H

Iran A

Saudi Arabia H

Thailand v Bahrain 2001-10-16

Rashid Abdulrahman Seif's booked in a match he doesn't play. Needs passing over to Rashed Rahman Seif A-Dosari.

Bahrain v Iraq 2001-11-23

Rashed Rahman Seif Al-Dosari does score but isn't in the starting lineup. Needs to replace Rashid Abdulrahman Seif.

There is also a missing Bahrain match from the same year, also involving Rashed Rahman Seif Al-Dosari, who is named Abdul Rahman Abdulla in the report.

Chile 2-0 Bahrain 2001-01-15

I've taken a further look at Mexico in 1992. As with above I can confirm Alberto Garcia and not Garcia Aspe played in 3 more videos of world cup qualifiers that year. The RSSSF reports from 1992 backs this as well as the two other World Cup Qualifiers, and with all 6 matches taking place every weekend, I'm confident of 6 swaps to Alberto Garcia at least.

The friendlies are a bit trickier as I can't find conclusive footage to back the changes. However RSSSF once again seem convinced with the two friendlies against CIS here and the other 9 friendlies here. Up to you if this is enough evidence for these or not.

More evidence on this with some clips. The 5 World Cup qualifiers from 1992 all need to be passed over from Garcia Aspe to Alberto Garcia:

v St. Vincent A - Seen straight away in the 10 shirt at 0:00

v Honduras H - Seen in the lineup at 2:55

v Costa Rica H - Seen at 1:19:59

v Costa Rica A - Seen at 12:27

v St. Vincent H - Seen at 1:05:44

As mentioned earlier, the friendlies are harder to confirm. I can only provide 2 definitive clips:

v Russia A - Seen at 48:37

v Germany A - Seen at 1:11:49

Anyone feels like they can help out with this one?

Please help out!

I took a look at the team pic. I started my Kuwaiti team pic collection by the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, like I did for nearly all countries. But I haven't been a massive collector in my early years, so I haven't had too much Kuwaiti team pics to compare. What I'd say is that the NFT line-up is correct. I can recognize 10 of 11 players without doubt. My only doubt is #3 Hussain Fadhel Ali (who mostly had #4). Can be the angle or the small size. It's not that I see a different player, I just want to mention that I am not 100% sure. But for sure it is not Mohamed Jarragh who normally had #3, so besides he is on your line-up he is surely NOT on the team pic. The other one Jarah Al-Ateeqi is also clearly not on the team pic. Still, we can see him pictured in the source you linked. I concluded he must be a further sub and set him as enterring sub for that match. So, your research did some good here. Starting line-up is confirmed and a further sub is added.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Still wrapping my head around this one, but there are two more alterations I can make. As rogerb confirms, Fahad Al-Enezi is playing and is playing instead of Mesaed Neda Al-Enezi. Mohammed Jarragh is also playing and looks to be the captain, playing instead of Jarah Al-Ateeqi. There are 4 subs that come on for Kuwait, two of which are Khalid Matar and Salah Al-Hendi who you have as starters.

Kuwait v Vietnam 2009-05-31

Slowly getting there with this one. I can at least give you a Kuwait team.

Starters: 3 Mohammed Jarragh / 40 Shehab Kankone / 15 Abdullah Al-Buraiki / 14 Talal Al-Enezi / 5 Abdulah Msheleh / 7 Fahad Al-Enezi / 19 Hamad Aman / 11 Yousef Naser / 12 Adel Humoud. Number 6 and 17 I still can't get. Number 17 has the ball and hopefully named at 34:48. Number 6 is hopefully named at 36:34.

Subs: 10 Khaled Matar for 7 Fahad Al-Enezi / 16 for 5 Abdullah Msheleh / 13 for 19 Hamad Aman / 8 Saleh Al-Hendi for 12 Adel Humoud. Numbers 16 and 13 are seen at 1:05:42. I don't know who they are.

Kuwait v China 08/11/2009

I have a different Kuwait lineup for this game.

Mine reads:

Nawaf AL KHALDI, Mesad NADA, Mohamed JARRAGH, Waled HUSSEIN, Fayaz AL ENEZI, Jarragh AL ATAIQI, Fahad AL EBRAHIM, Talal AL AMER, Abdulla AL BURAIKI, Hussein FADHEL, Badr AL MUTWA Subs: Khaled ALI, Ahmed AL EIDAN, Fahad AL ENEZI, Hamad AL ENEZI, Salah AL HENDI, Talal NAIF

If the source where the photo of Jarah Al-Ateeqi is correct, they also have a photo of the starting Kuwait lineup here.

Al-Khaldi, Al-Mutawa, Mesaed Neda, Waleed Ali, Al-Ebrahim, Al-Azemi and Yaqoub Al-Taher are all there, but I'm fuzzy on identifying the rest. This makes me believe the starting lineup NFT already has the correct starters, but it looks likely there were more subs.

Fahad al Enezi is definitely playing. He's the guy with the very noticeable headband.

Still wrapping my head around this one, but there are two more alterations I can make. As rogerb confirms, Fahad Al-Enezi is playing and is playing instead of Mesaed Neda Al-Enezi. Mohammed Jarragh is also playing and looks to be the captain, playing instead of Jarah Al-Ateeqi. There are 4 subs that come on for Kuwait, two of which are Khalid Matar and Salah Al-Hendi who you have as starters.

On Jarah Al-Ateeqi, he gets a cap back here: Kuwait v China 2009-11-08

Al-Ateeqi is seen in the photo here. He must have been an additional substitute.

Not exactly sure what to do with Faisal Ibrahim, similiar to Abu Zema case. On JFA Basem Fathi is already listed as started and match is labelled as full FIFA fixture.

What I did repair is the Mohammed Jamal case. He is listed as starter on the match report and Alaa Al-Shaqran (who NFT hadn't before) is listed as an entering sub. So, it should be him who entered for Mohammed Jamal.

Of course, thanks again for looking into it. Apart from a previous enquiry quoted below that may have been missed, I think I'm out of Jordan enquiries for now. Is the JFA database accessible online?

Jordan v Iran 2004-09-08

Every source I've seen including Team Melli has Badran Al-Shagran coming on instead of Hasan Abdul-Fattah Mahrisi.

Iran v Jordan 2008-08-15

Hasan Abdul-Fattah Mahrisi gets his cap back here though as the 11th starter. You have Ra'ed Al-Nawateer incorrectly in the starting lineup. I can't help with the subs though.

Just tried to work out the differences in the attached pic.

Abu Zema's wiki page writes:

Hence he should have been a starter, though it is out of the official procedure that an entering sub (Hassan Abdel-Fattah in this case) uses the same number (#18) as the outgoing player. So, this substitution may was skipped on the match report setting Hassan Abdel-Fattah as starter. The fact that he handed the captain armband to Haitham Al-Shboul backs the armenian line-up you found, as he should have been a starter. On the other side you mentioned Siraj Al-Tall on the pic, so neither source is 100%. Btw the source for the NFT match report was the JFA, though I supose several mistakes in their database, too. Just hard to tell, which players to kick out and which players to keep in.

Jordan v Iraq 2010-09-16

Another retirement match apparently here as well for Faisal Ibrahim going of his wiki page here. You also have Mohammed Jamal Jarrar down as a starter and a substitute.

Just tried to work out the differences in the attached pic.

Abu Zema's wiki page writes:

Hence he should have been a starter, though it is out of the official procedure that an entering sub (Hassan Abdel-Fattah in this case) uses the same number (#18) as the outgoing player. So, this substitution may was skipped on the match report setting Hassan Abdel-Fattah as starter. The fact that he handed the captain armband to Haitham Al-Shboul backs the armenian line-up you found, as he should have been a starter. On the other side you mentioned Siraj Al-Tall on the pic, so neither source is 100%. Btw the source for the NFT match report was the JFA, though I supose several mistakes in their database, too. Just hard to tell, which players to kick out and which players to keep in.

Yeah it looks like one to leave for now until new information is found. Thanks for the looking into it.

Bahrain v Jordan 2007-09-07

Just two small fixes here to get to 11 players, both Hasan Abdul-Fatteh and Abdulla Deeb are starters.

Although RSSSF have this game slightly different with Abdulla Deeb scoring the two goals and Amer Deeb starting instead of Mohammed Khamis.

Jordan v Armenia 2005-08-17

This one requires a bit of help and comparison with your source as it could be a mix of both. I have the Armenian source here which is the same as yours for Armenia but different for Jordan. The Jordan team translates below:

Feras Abu Obeid (46) / Al Awadat / Ibrahim / Saad / James / Fathi / Haitham Al Shabul (46) / Moayad Abu Keshek (46) / Hasuneh Al Sheikh (46) / Hassan Abdel Fatah (46) / Mahmoud Shelbaya (46)

Substitutions: Amer Shafea (46) / Mustafa Shekhdeh (46) / Abdullah Abu Zema (46) / Anas Al Zboon (46) / Moayad Salim (46) / Badran Al Shagra (46)

Now of course I doubt all 6 subs happened at half time. But one thing I have read is this was apparently Abdulla Abu Zema's last game and was captain for the occasion. There is a photo (the left one) which could be him here but the one on the right seems to show Siraj Al-Tall which backs your source as the Armenian source doesn't mention him. All a bit confusing.

Indonesia v Liberia 2007-06-30

Unfortunately it appears it wasn't the George Weah that played here but a different one. Confirmed by the Indonesian report here under the heading 'George Weah' which I've translated below:

"Regarding the arrival of the Liberia Selection team, it is widely reported that former AC Milan star George Weah will also come and even play against Indonesia. Not to break the hearts of Milanisti across Indonesia, but once confirmed, the incoming George Weah is just a player who happens to have the same name as the legendary player. George Weah is a libero who plays at a Greek club."

Uzbekistan v Iran 2012-06-03

I'd lean towards backing the Team Melli report here (same with ESPN and Sky Sports) over the transfermarkt one I believe you may have used. I also have the winning goal clip, which at 0:22 shows in the bottom left of the screen, the Uzbekistan number 2 which I strongly believe is Anzur Ismoilov, who starts instead of Vitaliy Denisov. You have subs correct, but Jasur J. Hasanov is coming off when he's not in the starting lineup. He needs to replace Shavrat Mullajonov who doesn't play.

Slovenia v Saudi Arabia 2000-06-03

Ahmed Al-Dokhi Al-Dosari down as being booked in a match he doesn't play. Good chance the booking was for Khamis Al-Owairan Al-Dosari instead before he goes off.

Singapore v Saudi Arabia 2001-07-10

Ahmed Al-Dokhi gets a cap back here though as he's the player coming on at half time instead of Ahmed Khalil Al-Dosari. Source here.

Just a note on Ahmed Khalil, his picture on his profile is a picture of Ahmed Al-Dokhi. He looks like this