Bahrain missing match data

• Saudi Arabia 18.01.2007.

Bahrain squad: Abdulrahman Abdelkarim, Sayed Mahmood Jalal (Ibrahim Ali 45'), Talal Al-Youssef, Hubail Alaa Ahmed, Mohamed Ahmed Salmeen, Ismail Saleh, Abdullah Marzouki, Sayed Mohammed Adnan, Salman Isa, Faouzi Mubarak Aaish, Rashed Abdul Rahman Al-Dosari

Scorer Talal Al-Youssef.

• Qatar 24.01.2007.

Bahrain: Abdulrahman Abdulkarim, Ibrahim Al-Mishkhas, Mohammed Hussein, Mohammad Adnan, Abdullah Marzouki, Omar Abdullah, Salman Isa (Mahmoud Jalal), Rashid Al Dosary, Mohammed Salmeen (Jaycee John), Talal Yusuf, Ala Hubail

Scorers: Ala Hubail 2x

• partial line-up vs Morocco (23.06.2012.)

Sayed Jaffer, Abdullah Omar, Waleed Al-Hayam, Hussein Baba, Salman Issa, Dawood Saad, Ali Abdul Wahab, Ismail Abdul Latif,

(Isa Ali, Ahmed Al-Khattal)

• Quote from bakerrp

My sources in the Gulf give me the same line-up, with a couple of modifications. Sayed Zia = Sayed DHIYA, Ayesi MUSA = Eissa MOUSSA, Ali Harawa = Ali Haraam

very possible. i think you are right ;)

• vs Morocco 23.06.2012.

1 Sayed Jaffer - 15 Abdulla Omar, 3 Abdulla Marzooqi, 5 Saleh Abdulhamid Mahmidy, 16 Walid Ali Hayam, 4 AlSayed Zia Shobr, 17 Husain Baba Mohamed, 6 Dawood Saad (12 Ahmed Al Khattal 59'), 14 Salman Issa (13 Issa Ali 59'), 18 Ali Abdul Wahab Al Safi (20 Sami Al Husaini 75'), 11 Ismail Abdullatif

source Full video match on You Tube

p.s. Arab tv wrote that GK was Sayed Abbas, which was very confusing. However, I think that it was Sayed Jaffer. It would be good if someone confirmed this to be 100% sure...

• Quote from boca

vs Philippines 12.10.2012.

Bahrain: Abbas Ahmed - Rashid Houti, Mohammed Hussein, Saleh Abdul Hamid, Dawood Saad (Ali Harawa), Fawzi Ayesh (Syed Ahmed Jaffar), Salman Isa (Ayesi Musa), Mohammad Harbani (Mohammed Daij), Abdulwahab Ali, Sami Al Husseini (Syed Zia), Mohammed Tayeb (Abdullah Yusuf)

source:http://sport.ahram.org.eg/News/34432/%D8…8B%D8%A7--.aspx

Philippines data for this match:

Muller, Jonsson, Gier, J. Guirado, Cagara, Reichelt, Lucena, Mw. Angeles, Mulders, Caligdong, Wolf.

(Bahadoran, Christiaens, Uy, Porteria)

• Quote from bakerrp

My sources in the Gulf give me the same line-up, with a couple of modifications. Sayed Zia = Sayed DHIYA, Ayesi MUSA = Eissa MOUSSA, Ali Harawa = Ali Haraam

That seems to be a bit of a problem when it comes to some Arabic names in general, some sources would have different spelling than others. Eg. Bahraini player Rashid Al Hooti, others Rashed Al Hooti or even Al Hooty.

• Quote from s2pid

That seems to be a bit of a problem when it comes to some Arabic names in general, some sources would have different spelling than others. Eg. Bahraini player Rashid Al Hooti, others Rashed Al Hooti or even Al Hooty.

Oh, by now I expect I have seen every sudanese player spelled in every conceivable way.

And don't you just love it when you see a line-up of an arabian team, and you immediately spy a "Ali mohammed" and a "Muhamad Ali"?

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• This happens because Arabs pronounce some names in a way that it's impossible to write sometimes. For example, they pronounce Yemeni player Al Nono as Al Nunu sometimes, or even Al Nonu, because it's something between "o" and "u". There are alot of other examples too, but in most ways we know what they think, so as far as we know who they are talking about, there are no problems...

• vs Libya 29.6.2012.

Goal: Ahmed Al Khattal

Bahrain: 21 Abbas Ahmed - 15 Abdulla Omar, 2 Rashid Al Hooti, 16 Walid Ali Hayam, 10 Mahmoud Al Ajmi (7 Mohamed Abdel Wahab 45'), 5 Saleh Abdulhamid Mahmidy, 12 Ahmed Al Khattal (14 Salman Isa 57'), 8 Fahd Hardan (11 Ismail Abdullatif 77'), 9 Abdelwahab Al-Malood, 18 Abdulwahab Ali, 6 Dawood Saad

Source: Full match video on You Tube

• vs Yemen 26.06.2012.

Bahrain: 1 Sayed Jaffer - 4 AlSayed Zia Shobr, 5 Saleh Mahmidy, 12 Ahmed Al Khattal, 13 Issa Ali, 14 Salman Issa (C), 15 Abdulla Omar, 16 Walid Ali Hayam, 17 Husain Baba Mohamed, 20 Sami Al Husaini, 23 Ibrahim Al Obaidly

(11 Ismail Abdullatif, 8 Fahd Hardan, 10 Mahmoud Al Ajmi)

• vs UAE 16.10.2012.

goals: Ismail Abdullatif, Husain Baba

Abbas Ahmed, Abdullahi Yusuf, Walid Muhammad, Alsayed Muhammad, Abdul Wahab Ali, Hussain Baba, Ismail Abdul Latif, Mohammad Abdullah, Alsayed Ahmed, Abdullah Omar, Alsayed Ahmad Jaffar

(Ali Abdullah, Mohammed Daij and Abdullah Khalid)

p.s. Ali Abdullah is GK

Source: http://www.uaefa.ae/index.php?go=news&more=17135

No other substitutes mentioned.

• Quote from s2pid

I usually like to look for those players and I tried to uniformise that kind of spelling, at least for each country, but at some point you get lost anyway... And this year's new players for Bahrain are pretty hell to find, the lineup just above made me think the same player was three times on the pitch with three alternatives of his name :eek:

(Personally I find 'Abdullah's funny because they end up with or without the final H, and sometimes turn to Abdallah)

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

• Quote from @Ki

I usually like to look for those players and I tried to uniformise that kind of spelling, at least for each country, but at some point you get lost anyway... And this year's new players for Bahrain are pretty hell to find, the lineup just above made me think the same player was three times on the pitch with three alternatives of his name :eek:

(Personally I find 'Abdullah's funny because they end up with or without the final H, and sometimes turn to Abdallah)

I don't know what to say, it's a big problem, yeah. But, the most important thing is that we have the line-ups, it's lot easier to find out who they are than to find the line-ups...I suggest that we wait for some time, it will probably be solved when these players start to play more...

• Quote from boca

Hey, Alsayed Ahmad Jaffar is Sayed Jaafar Ahmed

I'm really lost about this one, he looks like too many existing names and in the end I have no clear idea who he is... Maybe Ziya...
    It's really disturbing when we consider all the names those players are known under, we'd need so many ways of identifying them!

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006