Africa Cup of Nations 2013 - which country will win?

• It's gotta be the Ivory Coast this time, don't you think?

Though I'm really mostly looking forward to seeing Ethiopia and Cape Verde, but that is probably what a site like this does to you.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• I'm tempted to say Ghana, or Algeria, or Tunisia... Yeah, definitely one of them!

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

• It's quite interesting, this time around. Not too many clear favourites, and loads of squads that look really strong. Very interested if Mali can finally get their act together for once.

• Quote from @Ki

I'm tempted to say Ghana, or Algeria, or Tunisia... Yeah, definitely one of them!

I can't help but laugh right now after Tunisia's parody of a match against Ivory Coast :lol: :lol:

Ivory Coast who are becoming a quite serious candidate for the title, they're quite impressive! Ghana is more or less keeping their promise as well, but the other matches have confirmed what you were saying Ben, there's no real favorite team this year, none is really showing any natural superiority over the others... We'll see what comes next!

• Quote from @Ki

I can't help but laugh right now after Tunisia's parody of a match against Ivory Coast :lol: :lol:

Ivory Coast who are becoming a quite serious candidate for the title, they're quite impressive! Ghana is more or less keeping their promise as well, but the other matches have confirmed what you were saying Ben, there's no real favorite team this year, none is really showing any natural superiority over the others... We'll see what comes next!

Quite surprised with Nigeria, I thought they'd be laughing stock again, but it almost seems as if they've decided to try it with some football after years of running around aimlessly on the pitch. Still, my big hope today is Burkina Faso.

• I'm still happy to see Ghana and Ivory Coast as well, I think they would make up a good final!

• Quote from @Ki

I'm still happy to see Ghana and Ivory Coast as well, I think they would make up a good final!

Do you think I'm becoming a black cat? :confused:

• Quote from Benjamin

Quite surprised with Nigeria, I thought they'd be laughing stock again, but it almost seems as if they've decided to try it with some football after years of running around aimlessly on the pitch. Still, my big hope today is Burkina Faso.

You've been very good at that, Ben ;)

• Quote from @Ki

You've been very good at that, Ben ;)

Well, they weren't my first bets before the tournament started, so it doesn't really count. Still, what an interesting tournament.

Really looking forward to the Asian Challenge Cup qualification matches next month, hope that I can watch some of the games online. Would love to see the Northern Mariana Islands play.

• Quote from adriane.masson

And the least likely team to win won it, Zambia lol. It was an amazing tournament for them and they had special year in 2013.Which team will the next champion after Ivory coast ?

It's hard to say in Africa - too many teams that can beat every other african teams on a good day. I would say that at the moment Algeria and the Ivory Coast are the strongest teams, and then you have five or six other strong contenders (Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Morocco, DR Congo, Egypt).

• Super hard to predict, so many african countries play on a comparable level.

Algeris looks to be the strongest contender for me, I love the style they are playing at the moment, and they have got tons of talented footballers.

Morocco hasn't had a team that good in this century, I am really looking forward to what they can accomplish.

Senegal, Mali and Ivory Coast all have really strong teams which should be able to compete for the title.

Actually there are only four countries that can be ranked as outsiders - Guinea-Bissau, Zimbabwe, Togo and Uganda.

Uganda will be the team I will be cheering for, just because I love watching young Faruku Miya so much.