What do you think about Iraq's current performances ?

• I supported this team because the country has suffered a lot, and I'm really happy of their title in Asian Cup. Was it really unpredictable ? :yes:

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

• Well, as soon as the best players of Iraq play together for a few years, they're always good. But this suffering generation seems to be special. I loved the football they played in the Asian Cup.

I just wish so much to be peace for these people, so that they can all show their full potential to the world, not only the footballers.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Yes, let's hope so... Asian football is not much covered in France, so I couldn't know if they played well or if they won thanks to a big failure by the other Asian teams. But I was anyway very happy to see them win, they hadn't been at that level for years !

• They really have got an interesting team - because of the war, the players are spread all over the arab world. We have, I think, never seen an arab team with so many players playing for foreign clubs before. It really showed at the asian cup, they seemed very confident, knew what to do on the pitch and were extremely disciplined. And they have got much more power up front than say, Saudi-Arabia.

Let's see how they fare in the world cup qualification games. I guess that they will pretty much thrash Pakistan in the first round, even though football in Pakistan has made a great leap forward in the last years. I am quite sure that they will make it to the final round in asia and turn out to be one of the hot competitors for the places in South Africa.

• Now they have made this little exploit, the least we can wish to them is indeed a qualification to the World Cup. Everyone around me - even those who know nothing about football - were sure that the next step is the World Cup. I'm really impatient to see their results and - why not ? - see them play a World Cup.

• Really sad, both Iraq and Syria should have made it to the next round. I hope that both nations will be able to grow even stronger, we definitely need more competition in Asia.

• By the way, does anyone know why there's not been a Confederations' Cup in 2007 ?

• This is what wikipedia says:

The tournament was originally organised by and held in Saudi Arabia and called the King Fahd Cup (or Intercontinental Championship), contested in 1992 and 1995 by the Saudi national side and some continental champions. In 1997, FIFA took over the organization of the tournament, named it the FIFA Confederations Cup and staged the competition every two years.

From 2005, the Confederations Cup is to be held once in every four years, one year prior to each World Cup in the host country of the forthcoming World Cup. It is now considered a dress-rehearsal for the World Cup it precedes; it uses around half of the stadia intended for use at the following year's World Cup and gives the host nation, who qualify for that tournament automatically, a vital taste of competitive football during two years of friendlies. At the same time, participation was made optional for the South American and European champions.[2]It is unclear how the tournament will change should those nations elect not to participate.

• MERSE YOU ARE MY HERO

AFTER WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH, YOU HAVE THE HEART AND THE INTELLIGENCE TO WHAT YOU LOVE GOOD HONEST FOOTBALL, SURROUNDED BY A TEAM WHO LOVE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE.....CLASS

I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST YOU CERTAINLY DESERVE IT

• Hello Dear! I am Aden miller from australia..... :australia: I am a new bory baby of this good forum...... :germany: and i am very happy to be a part of this forum...... I am quite agree with you that "I supported this team because the country has suffered a lot, and I'm really happy of their title in Asian Cup. Was it really unpredictable" ?? :?: