• Missing match.

15/10/14 Swaziland 0 Zimbabwe 2 Somhlolo National, Lobamba Mbongiseni FAKUDZE (Swaziland)

SWAZILAND Nhlanhla GWEBU, Sifiso MASEKO (Thabo LANGA), Sikhumbuzo NTIMANE, Banele DLAMINI, Sifiso NKAMBULE, Mandla PALMA, Tony TSABEDZE, Mxolisi LUKHELE, Banele MDLULI (Sandile HLATSHWAKO), Zweli NXUMALO (Ncamiso GINA), Juries GAMA (Mthunzi MKHONTFO)

ZIMBABWE Donovan BERNARD, Ronald PFUMBIDZAI, Liberty CHAKOROMA, Kelvin MOYO, Blessing MOYO, Nqobizitha MASUKU, Emmanuel MANDIRANGA (Pritchard MPELELE 65), Wisdom MUTASA (Terrence GONZO 82), Carlos RUSERE (Knox MUTIZWA 79), Praise TONHA, Brian MUZONDIWA (Charles MUKANHAIRI 55)

Goals: Mukanhairi 57, Mutasa 59

As with the Botswana game from 30/09/14 this side was labelled Zimbabwe U-23, but by the time the Morocco game came around in November they had become the full national team. If we include the other two games, the we should include this one.

Concerning the Botswana match, I have a few more names for the Botswana line-up.

30/09/14 Botswana 1 Zimbabwe 0 National, Gaborone

BOTSWANA Wakarre DIKAGO, Oscar NCENGA, Moshe GAOLAOLWE, Edwin OLERILE (Leutlwetse TSHIRELETSO 63), Kenanao KGETHOLETSILE, Segolame BOY, Khumoetsile KUFIGWA Sub: Galabgwe MOYANA

• From the Straits Times report, and one in the Malay language newspaper Berita Harian, I have 6 names from the Qatar side and they're all regular internationals. In addition to Younis Bakr Ahmed, Ali Abdulrahman al Sulaiti and Khaled Salem al Mohannadi (Straits Times report), Adel Khamis Mubarak, Hassan Johar al Ahmed and Fahad Mohamed al Kuwari played in this game.

• Mali v Ivory Coast 1995-07-23

Bassala Toure and Amadou Pathe Diallo complete the Mali starting lineup.

Source: 11v11

I would be very wary of adding these names. 11v11 has a hustory of mixing up first names with African sides, choosing the best known player in most cases. Gaoussou Diallo was the player making most appearances at this time, and he is more likely than Amadou who doesn't start appearing in the definitive Mali team lists until 1997. Bassala is the most likely Toure, but without definite evidence I prefer to keep an open mind.

• I would be very wary of adding these names. 11v11 has a hustory of mixing up first names with African sides, choosing the best known player in most cases. Gaoussou Diallo was the player making most appearances at this time, and he is more likely than Amadou who doesn't start appearing in the definitive Mali team lists until 1997. Bassala is the most likely Toure, but without definite evidence I prefer to keep an open mind.

I understand the wariness, some other 11v11 files on Mali I've rejected because it wasn't conclusive, such as Senegal 1-0 Mali 1996. Like the Ivory Coast game above, RSSSF has Bassala Toure down for that one but I can't justify the change because he isn't mentioned, unless he is the Ba Traore instead or 11th starter instead of the D Diakite currently attributed with it. The fact RSSSF has Bassala on 27 more caps than on here and the Ivory coast game is the only one I've found to potentially back them up shows how difficult it is to find stuff. Amadou played in the 1994 AFCON and scored in the 3rd place match so he was definitely around before 1997. But yes this may be a case of 11v11 choosing the better known player.

• I understand the wariness, some other 11v11 files on Mali I've rejected because it wasn't conclusive, such as Senegal 1-0 Mali 1996. Like the Ivory Coast game above, RSSSF has Bassala Toure down for that one but I can't justify the change because he isn't mentioned, unless he is the Ba Traore instead or 11th starter instead of the D Diakite currently attributed with it. The fact RSSSF has Bassala on 27 more caps than on here and the Ivory coast game is the only one I've found to potentially back them up shows how difficult it is to find stuff. Amadou played in the 1994 AFCON and scored in the 3rd place match so he was definitely around before 1997. But yes this may be a case of 11v11 choosing the better known player.

Let's leave it for the moment. I would to have more african players for line-ups in the 80s and 90s, but I think we will have to wait until a new source comes around. There is always hope, we found people for old Malawi, Sudan and Mauritius stats, so you never know.

• Iraq v Yemen 10/10/14
    Substitute Details: Kasim for Nadhim 40 mins, Tariq for Abbas 40 mins, Karim for Mustafa 54 mins, Hammadi Ahmed for Hussein 57, Kalaf for Wahid 65, Mahmoud for Yasin 65
    Goal: Wahid 60

Source: As Above.

• A few bits on Palestine

Mouyin Ahmed Abdullah Al Maghribi born 15/12/1971

Ibrahim Hussein Karim al Manasri born 11/03/1976 in Tyre

Gebran Samir Gebra Kahla born 03/07/1980 in Amman

06/06/97 Palestine 0 Jordan 0 Jericho

PALESTINE Ibrahim AL KHATIB, Saeb JENDEYA, Tawfik AL HINDI, Ibrahim MADOUKH, Ziad AL KORD, Mohamed AL JAISH, Nahid AL ASHQAR, Khalil ABU HALAWEH, Hassan SANDOUQA, Khaldun AL WAARA, Aymen SANDOUQA Subs: Mahmoud AL BITAR, Mohamed OUDA

• 15/12/91 Ivory Coast 4 Kenya 0 Abidjan

KENYA Charles OMONDI, Elijah KORANGA, Tobias OCHOLLA, Allan ODHIAMBO, Anthony LWANGA, Peter MWOLOLO, Henry NYANDORO, Mike OTIENO (Simon NDUNGU), Alfayo ODONGO, Mike OKOTH (David ODHIAMBO)

Add Losseni KONATÉ to the IC team.

• Gregg is perfectly correct. The player is Herbert Gregg - this was his only international.