Let's start: France - England

• Hi,

that match had all soccer needs :) :
    Two agressive teams, players who can play the ball and even the result was excellent (ok, I'm not the most enthusiastic fan of the English national team ;) )

My impression was:
    The English are a real good team.
    Above all I liked their defense, France didn't have a real scoring chance - except for the pass backwards that led to the breakthrough of Henry.
    Another amazing guy is Wayne Rooney, wow!
    I only see one weak point: The keeper (Hey, Mr. James, where have you been at the free kick :eek: ????)

France didn't really surprise:
    A stable defense and a dangerous offense. I wondered a bit about their "creative" players, because they seemed to be a little helpless against the English defense.

The difference between the teams was: Zidane
    I know, it's boring but the "old man" seems to be unstoppable...

Love, peace and unity

Reppl

• Yes, a nice game. Beckham and James lost it terribly, though. And that Wayne Rooney is amazing - amazingly dirty in his style of play. Very uruguayan, the way he played.
    ;)

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Yes, good game.
    I¥m from Argentina, so I really don¥t care very much about this championship. The team I like the most is Germany, so I hope they can play a good championship. And the team I dislike the most is England, so I¥m really happy with the game yesterday!! Thanks Zizou!! You are the best european player. Maybe the best in the world, at least for me. And this, for ages now!

Nice to be here. See you!!

• Hey Walter, good to have you here - didn't know you were a football fan, but as you are coming from Argentina, it figures. ;)

Me, I'm a fan of the czech team and czech football in general. Don't know why, happened to me as a child and I just stayed with them. So the big day is tomorrow, with my home country playing the dutch arch-rivals, and my beloved czechs against latvia. Another country I love - had a great time in Riga last year. Group D is really difficult for me, as I want ALL the teams to progress...
    :germany:

• Hiho,

yeah, tomorrow the Euro really start's ;)
    I share your view, Ben, Czechia is ready for the title and should win the championship.
    As I discussed with you yesterday, I don't really believe that Germany will win against the Netherlands. Nevertheless there's slight hope that Nistelroy & Co will quarrel too much among themselves and that's enough for me :D

Love, peace and unity

Reppl

• Ben, don¥t forget to check for Thomas in the audience when watching Italy-Denmark - dunno if I will watch the whole match... :D

sorry, I'm just the designer here - no clue about football!

• Quote from Lucretia

Ben, don¥t forget to check for Thomas in the audience when watching Italy-Denmark - dunno if I will watch the whole match... :D

Lucretia, why not watching the whole match?
    If you'd do that, your "clue about football" would increase immensely ;)

Love, peace and unity

Reppl

• LOL
    guess you are pretty right there :D
    Actually I wanted to switch on the TV but not really WATCH the whole time cos I still have some work to do - is that allowed? :D

• ....not really watch the match? You mean the TV is only on in the background and you'll look at occasionally?
    That's, that's....that's a sacrilege :eek:

Ok, I'll miss the whole match because of work ;)

Love, peace and unity

Reppl

• exactly, you got it :D
    And maybe I¥ll even miss the semi finals and finals because of a festival - THAT would be a sacrilege, missing some First Round games is ok for me ;) :p

But YOU are definitely working too much I guess :p Hope you can at least have a look at some online live tickers or so?

• :greenland:

HAHAHAHAHA....what great smilies you have :D congrats, it¥s a REALLY nice place here..

I have to admit, I have as much clue about soccer as luci...but so what, I gonna watch the german games at least...;)

ˆhm...I only watch soccer at championships :D

• Quote from KAT

:greenland:

HAHAHAHAHA....what great smilies you have :D congrats, it¥s a REALLY nice place here..

I have to admit, I have as much clue about soccer as luci...but so what, I gonna watch the german games at least...;)

Ah, you remind me of something, have to build new smilies soon...

:japan: against :india: 7:0! What a shocker!
    :D

• Quote from KAT

:greenland:

thanks a lot :) :D
    Has been a lot of work building those smileys - but also a lot of fun 8)
    Shame on us, we should at least have all european countries ready by now
    :o