Posts by RaveDaveNI

Just joined your site and have been looking into your records on Northern Ireland players, and have been comparing them to my own and other sources on the internet, i have uncovered a number of errors as listed below:-

(1)

Chris Nicholl - Listed as 52 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 51 Source

Jimmy Nicholl - Listed as 72 FIFA appearances, the corrrect total is 73 Source

The total number of FIFA matches for them is incorrect there is a game in 1979 in which Chris has been mistaken for Jimmy.

(2)

Billy Simpson - Listed as 11 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 12 Source
    The missing game is in 1953.

(3)

Billy Caskey - Listed as 8 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 7 Source
    There is a sub appearance in 1979 which is not correct.

(4)

Dave Clements - Listed as 47 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 48 Source

There is an appearance in 1972 missing.

(5)

Tommy Finney - Listed as 15 FIFA appearances and 3 goals, the correct appearances is 14 and goals 2 Source

There is a game against Israel on 3-3-76 were he is incorrectly listed as having played and scored.

(6)

Bryan Hamilton - Listed as 49 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 50 Source

There is a sub appearance missing for 1980, it is from one of the Australia friendlies on the 11th June or 18th June. Source

(7)

Billy Hamilton - Listed as 42 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 41 Source

There is a sub appearance in 1980 which is not correct, i think it is probably a mix up with the extra sub appearance Bryan Hamilton was awarded in one of the Australia friendlies.

(8)

Sam Johnston I - Listed as 4 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 5 Source

The missing appearance is against England on 18/02/1882, this is the game that makes Sam Johnston Northern Ireland's youngest ever player.

(9)

Sammy McIlroy - Listed as 86 FIFA appearances, the correct total is 88 Source

The two missing appearances are his first two games for NI in 1972, a start against Spain on 16/02/1972 and a sub appearance against Scotland on 20/05/1972.

(10)

Sammy Morgan - Listed as 16 FIFA appearances and 2 goals, the correct total is 18 appearances and 3 goals Source

The two missing appearances are his first two games for NI in 1972, a start and a goal against Spain on 16/02/1972 and a sub appearance against Bulgaria on 18/10/1972.

(11)

James Baron - His name is spelled Barron as per Source 1 and Source 2 and Source 3

These are the errors i have uncovered so far, if i find anything else i will post them.

Thanks