Andorrà

• Thanks for this web!!

I'm from Andorra and I have seen that there are a little mistake. FC Andorra (not CF Andorra) is a Andorra's team that play in spanish league but it's not a spanish team.

Maybe, you confuse with Endesa Andorra which is a spanish team.

• Quote from Andorrà

Thanks for this web!!

I'm from Andorra and I have seen that there are a little mistake. FC Andorra (not CF Andorra) is a Andorra's team that play in spanish league but it's not a spanish team.

Maybe, you confuse with Endesa Andorra which is a spanish team.

Hi - if they play in a spanish league, they are listed under spanish teams, just as Cardiff City is listed under England and the Vancouver Whitecaps are listed under USA:

• As I agree with this, I think teams like Olimpija Ljubjana, Velez Mostar, Crvena Zvezda Beograd, Vardar Skopje should be represented by the same (former-)Yougoslavia flag before the 1992/1993 season.
    Dinamo Kyiv, Ararat Erevan, Dinamo Minsk, Pakhtakor Tashkent etc should be regarded as USSR teams before 1992.
    Slovak teams should be regagrded as from Czechoslovakia before 1993/94 season.
    I've also seen that a German Democratic Republic section was created. Why not, but in this case, Dynamo Dresden, Hansa Rostock and few other clubs should be associated with the GDR flag before the 1990/1991 season.

I think it's absolutely necessary to solve one day this problem of recent former countries, as the Playerhistory.com site does. It's by far more important than to add German or French players who died more than 50 years ago (I hate these recent additions... STOP THIS ! It makes the site terribly imbalanced !)

• Hi - we are working on a new admin section. Today I just had the first look at it. We will be able to have two countries for a club (So the Soviet Union problem should be solved), same for players (So Alfredo di Stefano can be done correctly). It will all come, please be patient. We are a small operation.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• I think it's necessary to revive this topic, given the highly criticizable decision to dissociate the flags from the league system.

It's worthless to see in the same page two teams with different flags while they represent the same league.

It's true that - for example - many Canadian teams are associated with the US league system, but I think their flag should be different from the time Canada had its own independant league.

SAME LEAGUE = SAME FLAG !

• Have to strongly disagree on that one, flag should indicate the country the club is located in.

I got loads of mail on this issue, with all the people agreeing with this viewpoint. Canadians can get quite furious if they have to look at a Toronto club with a US flag. I am completely with them on this issue.

We created this new function when we had our big update, exactly because we wanted to tackle this problem.

• I thought that time would help me to accept this decision, but it's the contrary. It's really aberrant to omit the league systeme flag, whatever anonymous patriots would say.

But let's stop complaining. THERE'S A SOLUTION.

After all, each player's page has (at least) two flags : the flag showing the country of birth and the flag(s) showing the national team(s) the player represented.
    So why shouldn't each club's page also include two flags ; the "geographic" flag and the "league system" flag ?
    - the "geographic" flag would be determined by the "country" tag of the club page in the admin section
    - the "league system" flag would be determined by the "leagues" tag of the club page in the admin section

• Quote from archivist

I thought that time would help me to accept this decision, but it's the contrary. It's really aberrant to omit the league systeme flag, whatever anonymous patriots would say.

But let's stop complaining. THERE'S A SOLUTION.

After all, each player's page has (at least) two flags : the flag showing the country of birth and the flag(s) showing the national team(s) the player represented.
    So why shouldn't each club's page also include two flags ; the "geographic" flag and the "league system" flag ?
    - the "geographic" flag would be determined by the "country" tag of the club page in the admin section
    - the "league system" flag would be determined by the "leagues" tag of the club page in the admin section

Sounds good to me. I'll talk to Florian about this.