• Hi guys, I am in the midst of adding match data for 2007, and I am just turning to the more complicated countries, namely the ones in Africa and Asia. Please have a look at the stuff I am adding, there will be huge gaps.

Right now I am doing Algeria, who are easy, but their opponents aren't. Already I am missing one player in the gambian line-up of their African qualifier against Algeria. Any help is very welcome. ;)

Roger, if you have your data on 2007 ready, send it to me, it seems like I could really use it. Life is so much easier with your data.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Not magic, just tenacious. I always believe that the information is available somewhere and occasionally archives change so I go back and look for missing bits on a regular basis. I've been trawling the web for details since 2002, but I've kept records in one form or another since 1969. That's an awful lot of time I must have wasted!

• Time wasted? I don't think so!

We usually have 4000-5000 visitors a day, that number gets much higher when big tournaments are on. I think we peaked last year during the Wirld Cup, when we had 10 times these numbers.

There is a lot of people out there, who are interested in this information, and they come from every country of this world. For some countries, visitor numbers have exploded in recent times, there were almost no visitors from the Philippines when we started, and now they come in droves. No wonder, this is the best site to get information on Philippines players.

A lot of people, who have been collecting international football statistics for years or decades, contribute to this site. We are a small operation, but we are getting quite a lot of stuff done. In 2004, when nft went online, there was no way I could ever have imagined what this site would turn out to be.

There are loads of things that are more important than football statistics, but don't ever underestimate how many people we are making happy each day. Hundreds of players and their relatives have sent photos, and told me how much they like the site.

Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

• Some partial line-ups include more information than currently on the website

[Jan 8]

In Dammam (Mohamed Fahad Stadium)
    Saudi Arabia 3 (Hamad Al Montasheri 21, Yasser Al Qahtani 33, 51)
    Gambia 0
    HT: 2-0.

Aziz Corr Nyang, Ebou Sillah, Pa Saikou Kujabi

18-12-2007 Uganda 1-1 Kenya [4-2 pen]
    [Caesar Okuti 23; Allan Wanga 77]
    [penalties:
    Uganda: scored: Simeon Masaba, Dan Wagaluka, Godfrey Katerega,
    Caesar Okuti;
    missed: Philip Ssozi;
    Kenya: scored: John Njoroge, Kevin Ochieng;
    missed: Allan Wanga, Monday Osborne]

KENYA : David Okello, Andrew Oyombe (Geoffrey Kokoyo), Kevin Ochieng, Monday Osborne, Collins Ochieng (Jamal Mohamed), Kevin Ngugi (John Mwangi Njoroge), Allan Wanga

UGANDA : H.Muwonge, P.Ssozi, A.Bajope (O.Kasule), D.Wagaluka, H.Kitagenda (J.Mulindwa), C.Okhuti