New version of the site going online end of April

If you have found any mistakes or you have any ideas, please comment here.

Moderators: Florian, Benjamin

Benjamin
Site Admin

New version of the site going online end of April

Post by Benjamin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

Thought this might interest you. Yes, we are finally getting there, at the and of the month we will launch nationalfootballteams 3.0.

There will be loads of new statistics functions to play with, and we will finally have match statistics. Which means that we must add them, which means that any help would be appreciated. If you'd like to spend your precious free time adding match data for national teams, now is your chance to scream "Yes". And of course it's all for the glory of statistics, we still earn no money with this project that seriously got out of hand.

If noone screams "Yes", then we'll be slow. Of course we'll still do our best and add as much as fast as we can, but we'll still be slow. Having said that, we've come quite far being slow. ;)
Cursing at sudanese football line-ups since 2004.

bakerrp

Re: New version of the site going online end of April

Post by bakerrp » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I'll be willing to help, within the time constraints of my new job. I envisage lots of time sitting around in airports, so I may be able to get something done then!

@Ki

Post by @Ki » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 pm

I'll still be around as well, maybe not working as hard as I used to but still active - I have the whole month of June free so that should help ;)
League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:52 pm

That sounds really good. ;)

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Sat May 04, 2013 10:09 am

So we are almost there, the new admin section is (mostly) working already, and the new site is going to be online very soon.When we are finally there (Could be today, could be monday) it would be nice of you guys in the forum to tell us about everything that doesn't work or should be better. ;)

boca

Post by boca » Sun May 05, 2013 2:46 pm

count on me

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 am

We are online!

SiebenW

Post by SiebenW » Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 pm

On the old version, by checking the national team squad of a specific year, you had listed the "missing matches", so I know that the players' statistics of this match(es) were missing. On the new site, I miss this info. I can't see if all matches from a specific year were considered or if there is a match missing.

boca

Post by boca » Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 pm

When player's age is unknown, date 7-5-2013 is listed as a birthdate...Also, I would like that forum opens in a new window like before, if possible...

SiebenW

Post by SiebenW » Tue May 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Next suggestion:
on the old version at the clubs page of a country, after visiting (clicking) a page of a certain club, the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour, so it was clear that the user has visited this club's page
on the new version, the user can see if he has already visited the club's page or not, as there is no difference in the colour of the hyperlink of the club.

Personally, for me as use the old version was more comfortable in this point, while browsing the clubs' squads of a certain league.

PAULOM37

Post by PAULOM37 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Impossible to watch the games of the players in the selection, it's a pity...

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 pm

SiebenW wrote:On the old version, by checking the national team squad of a specific year, you had listed the "missing matches", so I know that the players' statistics of this match(es) were missing. On the new site, I miss this info. I can't see if all matches from a specific year were considered or if there is a match missing.
Yes, we'll definitely have something like this. Can't tell you exactly what the something will look like yet, though.

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 pm

SiebenW wrote:Next suggestion:
on the old version at the clubs page of a country, after visiting (clicking) a page of a certain club, the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour, so it was clear that the user has visited this club's page
on the new version, the user can see if he has already visited the club's page or not, as there is no difference in the colour of the hyperlink of the club.

Personally, for me as use the old version was more comfortable in this point, while browsing the clubs' squads of a certain league.
We can do that again.

Benjamin
Site Admin

Post by Benjamin » Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 pm

PAULOM37 wrote:Impossible to watch the games of the players in the selection, it's a pity...
We are working on that one, highest priority.

Florian

Post by Florian » Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks for your contributions, the following topics are implemented and will be available after the next update (this night or tomorrow night)
* Show Missing Matches: Matches without any data will be shown in the "matches" tab-pane.
* "watch the games of the players in the selection": A first version is also finished, show the all matches including the number of goals and cards.
* "after visiting (clicking) a page[..], the hyperlink (club name) was in darker colour": This is also done.