Posts by SiebenW

To me the NFT match report's Libyan starting line-up looks good as it is on the picture.

#16 is Abdulsalam Dega, compare front shot and current pic at his club's fb. Not sure to who you refer with "24 Abdulsalam Muftah", but you probably meant Abdulsalam Mesbah "Dega". Anyway
    #24 is Osamah Baleid Al Shareef, also you can compare his pic at his club's fb. So, he was NOT #5.

I must admit I just have skipped briefly to 42 mins in the video but couldn't spot any substitution there.

The Malaysian line-up is the worst I've seen for a national team game. Ever. People seem to have come off and on as they wanted to. I can't do the resubs, because the database would then register it as two games for the player. So I will leave them out. Really, this one should probably not be added at all, but I will add it for the moment.

Regarding RE-SUBS.

Here in Bavaria we have re-subs in all official league games starting from county-level, which is Kreisliga (and below), that is the equivalent to German 8th (until 11th) league level. In our systems, refs just set substitutions for first entering players. The re-entering subs are not considered in the match report.

What you can do on NFT, is setting the re-subs not as substitutions but as an event. So, they appear in the NFT match reports, but they don't get a 2nd cap counted. Overall, in this example Malaysia vs Maldives I just see two re-entering players at first sight. So, setting these few cases as event, would be my ideal solution so we can storage these games (as non-FIFA) and they don't went forgotten.

This mistake is alreadey corrected. I just want to leave a note here to avoid future confusions. There is a new Nguyen Thanh-Nhan (2003). He shall not be confused with the Nguyen Thanh-Nhan (2000) who played for Vietnam last year (2022). It may comes a bit as a surprise because the 2003 born is playing in the 2nd tier, but he had scored well there: 10 goals in the 2022 season and another 10 goals in the shortened transitional 2023 season. Further his good performances in the under23 national team did led to his nomination for the senior side now.
    Anyone who is interested can read the full story here which is also illustrated with photos, especially from his first senior cap.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you again for your great work - as a community we're all aware that it's been v stressful for you as of late.

Just to say that I don't think Bermuda's performance in the 2023 Island Games (link to Wiki), needs to be included on this site as Bermuda apparently sent their Under-23s team - which shouldn't count towards their overall cap number - unless I've missed something!

Thanks again,

Felix

Here I have a different opinion. If a country competes at a senior national team competition, these matches should be counted neverless which players they send. There had been no age restriction at the 2023 Island Games, and hence it was a self restriction from Bermuda itself. I know this had not always been messured by the same standards on NFT for past tournaments, it may makes a different if there is an "A" and a "B"-team participating from the same nation. Sometimes, the border is neither that strict, for example when countries like Senegal sent a "mainly" homebased team to the Cosafa Cup. So, it always depends on the specific cases if the squad had the character of a national team, the best player of a country. To the current case Bermuda fielded a squad which did have such a character, as most of these players had collected full senior caps before or after.
    On the other side your point is valid, and matches of such squads which are not entirely categorized as full a-team, should be counted as "non-FIFA", so they remain unofficial and don't count towards the number of overall FIFA caps, and no harm is done on the statistics. Further the users can see these matches listed under "none"-FIFA and can make their own choice how to consider these games.

Zelfy Nazary was born in Jaghori, Afghanistan, not in Brisbane, Australia.

I have him as born in Perth (Western Australia). His family is from Jaghori and move to the Perth region either shortly before or after his birth. Looking at the "1-1-DOB", that could indicate an Afghan birthplace, so maybe you are right and I am wrong. Either way, he is not born in Brisbane as the first time he move to Queensland was for the 2018 season during which he became a national team player.

please fix these:...2. Riyadh Jumaa, also a Libyan international in the late 1990s, is a Midfielder according to his page at FootballDatabase.eu. So please fix his position. His link is https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/75139/Riyadh_Jumaa.html.

Something general, for Chw2012 but also for everyone working on databases Benjamin

It seems that several datasites, like footballdatabase, ZeroZero or National-Football-Teams are setting position as midfield by default sometimes. It's not a bad one, as player positions are quite changeable, like a player could play as left back, left midfielder or left winger, so he would be technically a defender, midfielder and striker. So, "midfielder" can be often the right guess, and it makes at least clear that the player was an outfielded player and not a keeper. So, when not knowing the position of a player, I would take "midfielder" from footballdatabase (or similiar sites) rather than leaving it "unknown". On the other side, I would be careful with "correcting" the position into "midfielder" based on footballdatabase (or similiar sites). In these cases, I would stick with "defender" or "forward" until I read an article (or watch a tube) in which the player is mentioned/seen as a midfielder or best with his detailed position (attacking, defensive, right, left or centre midfielder).

The height of Mustapha Kiddi (https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/73483/Mustapha_Kiddi.html) is 1.83 m as well. Pate (https://www.national-football-teams.com/player/15810/Pate.html), a Cape Verdean, also played for Raja Casablanca in Morocco for the 2006/07 season.

Great find with the height of Mustapha Kiddi. Was searching it by myself yesterday, but didn't found it.

The 'Pate' case sounds really interesting. Strangely, nobody has him in the Raja Casablanca squad: MFA, wiki, footballdatabase, transfermarkt, etc. all have missed him. Have you a source that he was actually playing for Raja? Or could it be that he was loaned to another club (maybe 2nd tier) ? If he really played for Raja we may could get some further infos like his position, given name, birthdate/or age?

3. Merge two Ouazzani's (the Algerian 21738 and the Moroccan 79493) into one. The correct one is the code 21738; Ouazzani have also been capped for Morocco once in 1994 when he was playing there before returning to play for Algeria.

Have you any further source for Ouazzani having played for Morocco? As I couldn't find anything to verify.

The one cap the "Moroccan Ouazzani" did collect, was against Finland. As a substitute for Mustapha El Haddaoui. But in fact the entering player should have been Aziz El Ouali.

Morocco Football Archive (MFA) list this match in their thread

(23/2/1994)[STADE MOHAMED V:12.000]

Maroc-Finlandie 0-0

Said Deghay,Rachid Daoudi,Noureddine Naybet,Abdellah Nacer,Ismael Triki,Aziz Lagraoui,Rachid Azzouzi(??-Tahar el Khalej/??-Redouane Hajry),Mustapha el Haddaoui(??-Aziz Ouali),Mustapha Hadji,Mohammed Chaouch(??-Hassan Nader),Mjid Bouyboud

Entraineur:Abdellah Ajri

ARBITRE:Abdelaziz Belleftouh

To me MFA is the best source for Morocco. Also footballdatabase is listing Aziz El Ouali on the bench at their match report.

Would have been a nice coincidence that Tahar Chérif El Ouazzani would have got a farewall cap for Morocco while playing for Raja Casablanca. FIFA rules may have been less strict in the 80s/early 90s, but it is really hard to tell without a source. So until further notice we go by MFA listing El Ouali as sub for that match vs Finland.

El Ouali did also played the previous match against Slovakia earlier that month. So, it makes sense being him. We had several misspelled entries in the Morocco historic squads (for example two other for 1994), which I am just about to clear up.

I did make adjustments in bold red. That's the players I have seen in the picsets published on the AFA fb page. If required I can share pics, but don't want to flood the forum here. So, I add just one showing the substitution of Murray for Scipio. There is also a picture showing somewhat looks like an aftermatch pic with Keante Brooks still wearing his warm-up kit. So, he may was an unused sub. Neither I can't find any evidence that one of the two reservekeepers D. Carty and M. Brooks came in.

rogerb Never bother to delete the shirt numbers. Personnally, I even prefer posts with shirt numbers as it allows easily to double-check when certain players are unclear or mistaken. Going through the AFA picset, Chilin had #13 while Cordero had #7, if this help you to determinate the scorers to the minutes.

Many thanks, excellent job.

Abdul Hakim (coach) created and set for the match vs Pakistan. Pic is added (I used your user name).

The only thing I didn't understand is the mix-up, because the Karachi Presidents Gold Cup hasn't had any coach. The former national defender Abdul Hakim has been set as coach for the Asian Games. So, either you just wanted to advert a possible future mix-up (which was a very good point of yours), or Bangladesh had a different coach for Asian Games?

2022-07-24 Mozambique vs Zambia

Mozambique's substitues had been listed here.

This SportsPage covered the match, and 3 out of these 4 substitution had been mentioned by the minutes.

2022-09-02 Madagascar vs Botswana

video on facebook

Missing Botswana substitutions

match sheet provided by mikaelj

COSAFA 

Antananarivo 

Madagascar 1-1 Botswana = 2-1 

MAD:Mario Carlos 23 

BOT:Lebogang Ditsele 66 

Venue:Kianja Barea Mahamasina 

Att: 

Referee:Alfred Jelly Chavani (RSA) 

Assistant referees: (RSA)/ (RSA) 

Fourth official:Luxulo Badi (RSA) 

Booked:Tsilavina Fanomezantsoa "Drogba" 9,Carlos 30 

MAD:16 Nina- 

17 Dadafara Rafidison,15 Datsiry,5 Berajo,3 Tantely- 

13 Tsiry,22 Ando (c) (6 Tony 73),10 Dax (18 Rojo 72)- 

7 Koloina (19 Tendry 46),9 Tsilavina Fanomezantsoa "Drogba" (23 Lucien Kassimo 'Fôrôsy' 55),12 Carlos (11 Rinjala 46) 

Coach:Romuald Rokotondrabe 

BOT:23 Goitseone Phoko- 

13 Alford Velaphi,20 Tebogo Kopelang,2 Thato Kebue,12 Mothusi Johnson- 

8 Gofaone Mabaya,4 Mosha Gaolaolwe (C),18 Lebogang Ditsele- 

9 Mbatshi Elias,17 Thero Setsile,10 Baokeditswe Talane 

Bench:16 Lesenya Malapela,22 Gape Thibedi,14 Tawana Mbakile,15 Tlamelo Kolagano,6 Doctor David,3 Godfrey Tauyatswala,11 Shaun Theron 

Coach:Mogomotsi Mpote

Skipping through the video so far, I just noticed #3 Godfrey Tauyatswala on the left wing during the 2nd half. Maybe you can spot some more Botswana subs playing.

mikaelj
    Skipping through the video I spotted a 5th malagasy substitution.