Tanzania missing match data

• Quote from bakerrp

As this is a CECAFA Cup game this is a Tanzania Mainland side, rather than the true national team.

I'm wonder if the Tanzanian FA gives full caps to players appearing in their mainland team aka The Kilimanjaro Stars. As far as I'm concerned, it understandable if they do or don't.

• Hard to say! They'd have to do the same for the Zanzibar team to be consistent, although there is a separate Zanzibar FA which could do this, I suppose. FIFA seems to consider a lot of the Mainland games as official internationals, despite the fact the the "Full" Tanzania team usually contains at least one player from Zanzibar - I think here of Aggrey Morris who has been a regular for some time now. Nasor Masoud and Khamis Mcha are also Zanzibari.

• Quote from s2pid

I'm wonder if the Tanzanian FA gives full caps to players appearing in their mainland team aka The Kilimanjaro Stars. As far as I'm concerned, it understandable if they do or don't.

Let me tell you. Tanzanian FA doesn't count any caps for anyone, if they did, we wouldn't have to search for these line-ups... ;)

• Quote from boca

Let me tell you. Tanzanian FA doesn't count any caps for anyone, if they did, we wouldn't have to search for these line-ups... ;)

Quite true. Or, they do but just like a lot of FA's around the world, they don't make their records public/accessibile.

• If I may intrude, indeed Africa remains an enigma as to the accessibility of any data (except for some countries)... Yet, these 'mainland' sides appear to be quite efficient and most players don't remain totally unknown afterwards (if they weren't already A team players before...).
    Anyway I tend to add those matches (I took 'care' of Morocco's side in 2012 in the Pan-Arab cup if I remember well), they're really useful I think... and it's such a shame not to add a complete match report for any reason when one has them!

League tables frantic - member of the crew since 2006

• Formation vs Morocco, 08 June 2013:

4-2-3-1

Juma Kaseja - Erasto Nyoni, Aggrey Morris, Kelvin Yondani, Shomari Kapombe - Salum Abubakar, Frank Domayo - Mrisho Ngasa, Amri Kiemba, Samata Mbwana - Thomas Ulimwengu

• Formation against Ivory Coast (4.6.2013):

4-2-3-1

Juma Kaseja (C) - Erasto Nyoni, Nadir Haroub, Kelvin Yondani, Shomari Kapombe - Salum Abubakar, Frank Domayo - Amri Kiemba, Mwinyi Kazimoto, Mbwana Aly Samata - Thomas Ulimwengu

• Formation against Ethiopia (11-01-2013):

4-2-3-1

Kaseja (C) - Nyoni, Morris, Kapombe, Issa - Abubakar, Kiemba - Samata, Kazimoto, Ngasa - Ulimwengu

• Aggrey Morris - CB
    Issa Rashid - left back
    Shomari Kapombe - right back. also left back and centre back
    Mrisho Ngasa - other positions: ss, right wing, left wing, attacking midfielder
    Mbwana Aly Samata - other pos: right wing, left wing
    Khamis Mcha Khamis - left midfielder, also right midfielder
    Amri Kiemba - attacking midfielder, also right and left midfielder and central midfielder

Edited 3 times, last by boca (October 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM).

• Formation vs Cameroon (2013-02-06):

4-2-3-1

Kaseja (C) - Nyoni, Morris, Yondani, Kapombe - Abubakar, Domayo - Ngasa, Kazimoto, Kiemba - Samata